Electricity is the lifeline of our society. We cannot imagine our life without electricity. Not only this, even more than 70% things we utilize in our day, cannot work without electricity. Now the whole society runs on electrify. If there will be no electricity, we will not have any facility like water, gas, internet etc. Even nearly everything we consume needs electricity to produce or manufacture. The electricity helps us to live a comfortable and peaceful life, but if not handles carefully, the same electricity can be fatal for us. From the last 100 years, people are working to make electrify safe. In recent times, we have achieved this feat that we have made electricity safe for our use but still a small fluctuation in electricity can dangerous for people and machinery. Especially in industries, where there are huge production units that need electricity for their functioning, may get damaged or even cause serious damage to property and people. This is the reason that all the equipment in industries must be tested for sustainability against electricity fluctuation. Especially in case of high voltage influx, because this may be dangerous for machinery and can also cause a serious accident that may lead to damage to property, too. This is the safety practice of every industry that they regularly conduct high voltage test for their machinery or cables installed in their business units. There are multiple types of high voltage tests depending upon the need and business nature of the clients. Also, there are many different methods to conduct high voltage test, but two of the most common these methods in practice are;
- Power Frequency Withstand Voltage
- Impulse withstand voltage Tests
The regular high voltage testing helps to know the health and strength of the insulation of the cable or the equipment under testing. But not only this, there is a certain scenario where high voltage test is critical to check the health of your machinery.
- During Installation: When you will be installing new machinery, it is advisable to conduct the high voltage test. It will help you to know that all the auxiliaries attached with machinery can withstand the high voltage influx. It will help to get the health check of all the associate system with machinery
- Idle testing: The multimeter calibration can also be performed when the machine is idle. It means if the machinery has to be idle for a long period and in case of any fluctuation. It will remain intact and will be able to perform when needed.
- Full capacity: Usually the riskiest situation for machine malfunctioning is when its operation on full capacity and high voltage influx can damage it. This is mandatory to keep testing your machine on high voltage, to be sure about its performance at full capacity